Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Simple Block #7 Version 2















This quilt top was designed .....





...using this simple block from yesterday's post.








The first step was to put 4 of them together to form a larger block.






The second step was to pick colors for the new block. I chose red and brown because I like red and brown. And because it really doesn't matter what colors I pick to start with. As I design the colors will probably change.

What if I take 4 of the larger block and join them together rotated to form an even larger block?









Wow, I like this already. I think This would make a nice table topper for a square table.

What if I combine 9 of this even larger block to make a quilt top?




















This is pleasant enough but the even larger block has disappeared. This looks like it was designed using 2 different blocks.

What if I add sashing between the even larger blocks?




















I've got my block back. I like the circles. Maybe I should call this design Wheels. But I'm not sure I'm happy with all that red.


What if I add a second color? How about yellow?




















What if I add even more color?




















I like this. When I add a border and binding I get the quilt that started this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment