Monday, January 20, 2014

Numbers for a Pieced Alphabet






I designed my Foothills alphabet using a combination of piecing and stitching. This allows it to be very small.

Today I'm showing you the numbers that go with the alphabet.



On the left the piecing for each number is shown. On the right the stitching is shown. The grid is there to help you size the numbers and locate where the stitching goes.




















This is a very easy alphabet to piece because it requires very few pieces for each number or letter. To finish the numbers I draw a line and then satin stitch over it.

No doubt you've been wondering what Pi to 5 decimal places looks like using this alphabet. So I decided to show you.







This alphabet works just as well  for numbers besides Pi. You might want to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment