Saturday, March 30, 2013

Wonky Block

Spool



























It has been a while since I made a wonky block by changing the grid on a traditional block. So I thought I'd try a simple block that would resist my attempts to create something interesting. I chose Spool. Sometimes this block is known as Bow Tie.

When I changed the grid, I also changed Spool from a 6" block to a 12" block.

Although, if I had used a 1,2,3 grid, it would have remained a 6" block.




Here are some of the designs I discovered playing with the colors and layout of a wonky Spool block.

















Any traditional block, even one as simple as Spool, will deliver interesting results when it is made wonky.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. I have been following it for a while and plan on a few of your blocks in my newsletter. I have sent your blog to lots of my friends and I think they are following you as we'll.

    ReplyDelete