Sunday, April 8, 2012

What If

You Change...






...The

Grid

On A

Shoo Fly

Block?







You get a wonky Shoo Fly block.



Now I don't know what you think, but I think that all by itself a Wonky Shoo Fly block is not much to look at ... but then neither is a Shoo Fly block.

The trick is to put a few of them together and see what you get.





In this case I got a table topper from 4 of them.






But there are a lot of other things I could have tried.





























I think wonky blocks make interesting quilts.

Tomorrow I'd like to try a block that's not quite as simple - Jacob's Ladder.

3 comments:

  1. If you made the 2 inch square solid, not hst, it would look like a bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Lynn

    It would indeed - a black-headed bird with a big green tail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last one!

    Also enjoying seeing the wonky blocks ... keep them coming.

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete