Friday, December 16, 2011

You Can Make

Quarter-Of-Four Block Quilts


























Starting With Clay's Choice Blocks









Clay's Choice is a traditional  Four Patch block. It was designed on a 4x4 grid.

To make Clay's Choice, you first sew 4 identical units that you then sew together rotated.





Before you sew the 4 units together, if you play with them, you soon discover that you can use them to make many other blocks.






I call blocks made this way Quarter-of Four blocks.

I played with a few Clay's Choice Quarter-of-Four blocks and came up with these quilt designs.




















I'm hoping these designs will encourage you to play with Clay's Choice Quarter-of-Four blocks and to create quilt designs of your very own.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I really like that first quilt you did with this block. One day I may find the time to figure out how you do this, till then I will enjoy watching what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie

    There's nothing to figure out. You make the units for Clay's Choice blocks. You start playing with them,re-arranging them every way you can think of. Then suddenly a quilt design appears before your very eyes. You make it in your favorite colors and you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to figure out how to use paint........I normally do stuff like this on graph paper with colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete