Friday, September 23, 2011

To Fully Appreciate A Block


























You've Got To Play With It A Bit

Part 2

In my last post I introduced you to this block from my Rosebud quilt. I showed it colored several different ways.

Since then I've picked some fabric and sewn a few blocks. Now I'm going to play with them some more.
These 4 pinwheels are based on 4 I showed you last time.

Now I play!

















I hope some of this gives you ideas that you can use with a block you've chosen to play with.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It is amazing just how many interesting patterns are formed. In the 6th photo down I see puppy dog faces in green blocks the dark shapes look like ears and the white triangles look like a nose. This reminds me of being little and looking up at the clouds to see what shapes they make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewdaughter

    It's a bit like looking at a Rorschach ink blot. Everyone sees different things

    See things is, in this case, a good thing; it's part of the creative ability that leads to new designs.

    ReplyDelete