Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Colors

Tessellation


This tessellation comes from a recent post (27 November 2010). It needs more color than just blue and white.
What if I try 3 colors - red, green, and black?
What if I use several different reds and greens?
What if I change the background to white?

This could be Christmas wrapping paper.
What if I create a series of colored rings? I'll start with light purple in the center, then blue purple, then green, then brown. The background can be black.
What if I leave the background black in the center, but replace it with dark brown everywhere else?

This separates the purple & black core from the green & brown surround.
What if I change the browns to greens?

I like this but I think the colors need some fine tuning.
What if I lighten the light purple and light greens, and then darken the dark greens?

The heightened contrast gives this a little more life.

I am now, what is technically known as, a happy chappie.





To see what else I've tried doing by playing with colors go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment