Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quilting

Log Cabin Medallion block


You can find this Log Cabin Medallion quilt in my 26 October 2010 post.

I need to work out some way of quilting it.
What if I try square spirals, using a light grey thread, in the middle ring of Log cabin blocks?

The light grey thread  makes this vibrate.
What if I try quilting square spirals in the outer ring of Log Cabin blocks?

This vibrates even more. Does it vibrate too much?
What if I replacce the light grey thread in the outer ring with a medium grey?

I like this better.
What if I stipple black on black in the center? I can stitch in the ditch on the hexagonal Log Cabin blocks.

I like the contrast between the calm center and the excited borders.



For more quilting ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting.

1 comment: