Sunday, August 8, 2010

Quilting

On Point Shoo Fly

This on point Shoo Fly quilt top comes from my 6 August 2010 post.

I need to decide how to quilt it.

(If your computer is like mine you may want to click on the images below to see them larger so that the details show.)


What if I start by quilting around the Shoo Fly blocks in this manner?



I'll use white thread to match the background.

Most of this can be done as a continuous line of stitching.

There are still lots of empty spaces that need to be filled.


What if I fill the empty space with boxes?

This would be easy to do but it's not very interesting. I'm not going to even bother to finish this sketch.


What if I fill the spaces with starbursts?

The starburst works but the blue threads don't.


What if I use thread that matches the border colors?

This I like. The quilting is interesting but remains secondary to the pieced pattern.









I can finish the borders with simple criss-cross stitching.



For more on point ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on On Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment