Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Off-Center Quilt

Nine Patch


This is a 6 x 8 quilt grid of 12" squares.

When designing a quilt it is usual to make a design that is symmetrical about point A in the center of the quilt.

What if I create a design that is centered about point B instead?


What if I use simple red Nine Patch blocks and create a vertical line of bocks and a horizontal line of blocks through point B?


What if I use black Nine Patch blocks and create diagonals centered on that same point?


What if I use blue Nine Patch blocks and fill in around the outside edges of the quilt top?



What if I run a dark red down the center of the red cross?

What if I run a dark blue down the center of the blue box?

What if I create a dark grey box centered on point B?



I like this. For a first attempt at an off-center quilt I think it is quite respectable.






For other Nine Patch explorations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Nine Patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment