Monday, August 9, 2010













From My Pieced Alphabet:

Copperfield


Copperfield is designed on a 6 x 12 grid. The majority of letters are 6 x 8.

I normally use 1/2" spacing on the grid which means that, after accounting for 1/4" seam allowances, I cut my pieces from 1" strips.



Copperfield uses 4 fabrics that are different tones of the same color in order to create a 3 dimensional effect.




One way of piecing this alphabet is to use inset seams.





Another way is to use connector corners.




I have tried both ways.

The first way requires fewer pieces and works well if you are good at inset seams and can get your letters to lie flat. It takes some practice but it can be done.

The second way requires some careful matching of seams but the sewing is a little less awkward.


For more letters go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment