Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blocks

Wonky Shoo Fly

Yesterday I discovered that I could make a series of 12" wonky Shoo Fly Blocks by simply rearranging the order of the grid dimensions of a Shoo Fly block.



What if I combine one of the wonky Shoo Fly blocks from above with a border of regular Shoo Fly blocks?














What if I pick one of the wonky blocks and repeat it, or reflect it, or rotate it? I chose the rotated version to add more color to.

What if I pick 4 different wonky blocks and combine them to make a larger block?

What if I combine 4 of this larger block rotated?

What if I color it differently?






There is a lot that can be done with a simple Shoo Fly block by changing the grid dimensions and then recombining it with different versions of itself.






For more wonky ideas go to My Post by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Wonky Blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment