Friday, July 23, 2010

Blocks

Friendship Star


What if I color a Friendship Star slightly different?


What if I combine 4 Friendship Stars rotated to make a larger block?


What if I combine 4 of the larger block?

I think I should try adding a border to this.


What if, on all 4 sides , I repeat the friendship block reflected?

I like the pattern but I'm not happy about the color.


What if I add some red and green?

This is better.


What if I put green stars in the corners?

I am so pleased with the border. The border is what makes this quilt interesting












For more ideas using Friendship Star blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Friendship Star.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I do like the last version - I might use different colors, but I love how it all locks in together!

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara Ann

    By all means, use different colors

    What always intrigues me is how much variation is possible when a single block is repeated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne,

    I love the last one too, but I think I would make the corners darker.

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy

    I tried dark brown stars in the corners; but I felt the green was more interesting because it echoed the main image.

    ReplyDelete