Thursday, June 3, 2010

On Point

Ohio Star

I've decided to see what I can do with an on point Ohio Star block.


What if I use 5 of them to make an X?

This is a good start but there is too much empty space.


What if I connect the corner stars using vertical and horizontal strips?

I like the octagon. I think this needs more color.


What if I use a new green to color the on point blocks at the ends of the X?

Cool.


What if I add a dark green border?

I like the repetition of the dark green in both the octagon and the border. This helps to visually tie the quilt top together.


What if I make the border octagonal as well?

I think this would work well as a table topper.









For more on point ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on On Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment