Monday, May 10, 2010




From My Pieced Alphabet:

Tuscany


I created this simple T on a 3 x 6 grid. I'd like to spice it up  a little.
What if I cut into the top of the vertical stoke on a 45 degree angle and leave the horizontal stroke balanced on a point?

This is exciting. Okay, exciting is too strong a word.  But it is better.
Exciting as this is, I think I would like to spice it up a little more.
What if I add a vertical line of stitching to the right of the letter?

No question about it, this is more exciting.

Can I spice it up even more?
What if I use red thread for the stitching?

I can't imaging it getting any more exciting than this, so I'm done.





For more pieced alphabets go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Lettering.

2 comments:

  1. I like fonts almost as much as quilts... so am enjoying your alphabets. I think this one is the best yet! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    This alphabet is both stylish and easy to sew. You can't ask for more than that.

    ReplyDelete