Sunday, April 11, 2010

Playing with Colors

Wonky Shoo Fly Quilt

This oddly colored wonky Shoo Fly block wandered here from my 8 April 2010 post.
36 of them go together to make this quilt top.

These are not everybody's favorite colors. I don't mind them, but they're not my favorites either.

What if I try this using colors that are a little livelier?

What if I try using reds, oranges, and yellows?
These may not be everybody's favorite colors either. But I like them.

What I find interesting is how the color change affects the pattern. The green version looks like squares and overlapping circles. This version looks like squares with wobbly edges.



For more examples of how color affects blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment