Friday, March 5, 2010

Playing with Quilting

Drunkard's Path Quilt

Two days ago I designed this quilting for this block.  Now I want to try something different.
What if I emphasize the echo quilting by using a dark thread and, at the same time, lose the grass in the quarter-circles?
When I take 4 of these rotate them and join them, I get this square.

Now the stress is on geometric rather than natural forms.

I still need to add quilting inside the quarter-circles.
What if I try more echo quilting?  This time I'll put it inside the quarter-circles.
When I make a square again, I need to add some quilting in the center to finish it off.

I like this quilting. I think it works nicely with the Drunkard's Path blocks.








For more quilting ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one too. It keeps my eyes looking and looking (even with those colors... I know, they make it easier to see the quilting - grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    When I design, I worry about colors. But not too much. I know that when it comes time to buy the fabrics I won't find exactly the same colors. I will have to make changes. The design process is definitely not finished until after the fabric is bought. And some times not even then.

    ReplyDelete