Thursday, March 4, 2010

Playing with Borders

Nine Patch Quilt

If you go to my 28 February 2010 blog, you will see how this quilt top was designed using a variation of a Nine Patch block.










Now it could use a border.
What if I use a darker version of the block and repeat it in various rotations in the border?









This needs more contrast to separate the border from the quilt top.
What if I try an even darker version of the border block?











This worked nicely.




For more Nine Patch ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and clock on Nine Patch.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, Wayne. It would work in any colorway and even as a scrap quilt as long as the values were distinct. Now quilt it for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    I particularly like the idea of doing it as a scrap quilt; but it would require some very careful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete