Sunday, February 21, 2010

Playing with Borders

Broken Dishes Quilt  (See also: 14 February 2010)

I created this queen size bed quilt using, for the most part, Broken Dishes blocks.  I am not finished yet. before I can begin sewing I need to give it a border.






This quilt top needs a simple border. One that won't compete with the intricate pattern of the top itself.

What if I simply repeat the pinwheel block all around the outside of the quilt?

The dark orange-yellow squares become a little more prominent.


A binding strip using the red-brown fabric finishes the border nicely.











For more Broken Dishes ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Broken Dishes.

3 comments:

  1. So how are you going to quilt this one? I'm looking forward to your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    I have no idea how I'm going to quilt this. So I'm looking forward to my ideas too. What I do know is that I'm going to try. And that when I try something usually happens that surprises and pleases me. I also know that if I don't try I will be disappointed for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne, I think you are brilliant. Simply brilliant. I love your blog, it gives me so many great ideas. I'm going to Amazon right now to buy your book. Thanks for sharing your utter brilliance, LOL!

    ReplyDelete