Thursday, December 31, 2009

Playing with Quilting

Oh Susannah Quilt  (See also:29 December 2009)

This quilt was designed using an Oh Susannah block.







I designed quilting for it once before.  I think it would be fun to see if I can come up with a different design.


What if I quilt 3 rectangles with rounded corners over each of the yellow areas. Some would be vertical and some horizontal.

The rectangles remind me of band-aids but they are interesting none the less.







What if I quilt light brown circles on the dark brown diamonds?

This adds a little more emphasis to the diamonds.

What if I repeat the idea of rectangles with rounded corners in the borders?



I like this.  The quilting adds a secondary design element to the quilt. One that compliments the main pattern without competing with it.

2 comments:

  1. Wayne,
    Another interesting quilting design!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy

    When I compare this with the quilting I designed for this same quilt on 29 December 2009, I am struck by how much quilting can change the feel of a quilt.

    ReplyDelete